
We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results." A perfect description of blogging, don't you think?
I'm an emigrant/migrant. My family is thousands of miles away, and my friends are scattered around the world. Each entry is a letter home, wherever that is, and it's also a letter about home, wherever that might be. Blog serves as a medium to revisit those places down the memory lane.
It's a love letter to some kid not yet born, and to the friends, strangers, sisters, exes, and former classmates who might stop by. (Funny how those circles overlap.)
And it's mostly (even when I'm cranky) a letter about the things, people, and places that I love. I could store up enthusiasms until I burst, but writing them down is a better way to absorb and share them. (I have lot of ideas to write but when I sit to blog words betray me)
I started blogging some years ago largely to pass time and share experiences. A small part of me, however, was selfishly hoping for admiration and affirmation; a shallow attitude I've long abandoned. Eventually, I discovered the joy found via "invisible threads" and "sympathetic fibers" - those human connections made along the way. Blogger tend to be a lovely comfort of strangers.
I have lots of reasons for blogging.
- It's a way for me to deal with recurring bouts of depression by giving me something else to focus on.
- It's a way for me to fight my lonliness and bordem of somewhat monotonous life.
- It's a way of dragging me out of my very private shell and meeting new people. It's easier for me to be open with strangers on cyber world than it is with people who know me.
- It gives me a place to work out what I believe in and what I don't believe in. What I feel is right, wrong, neither or both.
- It gives me a forum for showing the beauty and wonder of where I live.
- It provides me with a vehicle for sharing with others those things I find interesting and hopefully in doing so find someone else who shares an interest or create an interest in someone else for what I find interesting.
- I would prefer to remain anonymous please.

0 comments:
Post a Comment