"Wow! That was quick", I said, "it took you just twenty minutes to pronounce your verdict. You often take longer to pick a muffin"
"It was simple - she loves food and laughs at dirty jokes. She's the perfect woman."
I laughed at his over-simplification; relationships for dummies, anyone? Later, I wondered: could I come up with a similar set of rules, a simple Cosmo quiz to recognise a cosmic connection? Still i liked my friends way of keeping life simple. The way he thinks out of the box(world).
At another instance during our college days we read an article on newspaper about a women getting pregnent due to brusting of condom. (well the childs birth certificate would have been an appology letter from a condom company). The entire gang started a serious debate on how unsafe condom could be(as if they were using condom daily) This friend of mine walks in...listens to the conversation and gives his gudgement. "Instead of one, two condoms can be used at once".
I interrupted "the friction between the two condoms will do more damage"
"Then apply a layer of Zandu Balm between the two condoms, If the inner one splits you will feel the chill of balm and if outer one punchers she will feel the chill and either one of you will know its punchered" (this theory became famous as 2 Condom Theory or 2CT in our gang)

Forget the condom...for next half an hour i was holding my stomach with both my hands so that it does not burst laughing.
But these were not the only instance where my simple friend has come up with so simple solutions. In fact he can write a book "Simple solution to the complex problems of life". But I would advise to him to use the tag line "For Dummies only" on the cover of his book.

0 comments:
Post a Comment