Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Rainbows of life



If I close my eyes i can see
As a child prancing to school
Dangling onto Pappa’s hand

The swaying palms
the washed out blue Of an empty sky

I remember the joy of rain bubbles going `plink’
Delighting for hours in rainbows in the oil slick

But that was aeons ago
And today, i’m wiser

I think I know these little joys are impermanent
I seek important `big’ reasons to be happy
Reasons less ephemeral than rain bubbles
Reasons less elusive than the smell of new earth

I continue in my quest for a permanent rainbow

My very own that nothing,
no one can take away from me

But then why …

Do little nothings of long ago still gladden my heart
While I have no memories of yesterday or day before ?

In my search for `meaningful’ joy am I forgetting
To conceive today the smiles for tomorrow ?

Does happiness know the difference
Between rainbows in oilslick and rainbows in the sky ?

About Me

My photo
I was born a while back. after that, I began to grow up. during this process, I learned to learn, which is not as easy as it sounds. up until very recently, I was. right now I am, and soon I will be. My ME is part of many USs and WEs, not to mention a few OURs. I'm endlessly interested in your YOU, perhaps almost as much as you should be. I am learning to be very good to my Self. I highly suggest trying it some time. it's very liberating. Complexly simple, anxiously resilient; effortless to predict- tough to decipher, hard to know- easy to understand. That’s me!