I asked one of my music lover friend "From which movie this song is??"
He replied " Kaminey".
"Kya hua, kaminey kyu bola mujhe.." I asked.
He smiled and said "Arre yaar, this is the name of the movie..".
I said " naam khatam ho gaya hai kya jo ab aise naam rakhe ja rahe hain ".
He said "ajkal catchy name rakhna padta hai.."
I said with my sinister smile " Kaminey.............catchy hai???."
As I have started from dhan te nan. Earlier, it was use as dramatic way to tell story to someone. Used heavily in 70's and 80's action drama as a backgroung score. People want catchy phrases. But Dhan te nan isn’t the first. What about so many RD Burman tracks in the 1970s? What about Apalam chapalam 50 years ago? We need such phrases because somewhere listners are no longer sensitive to tender thoughts like "Chupa lo un dil main payar mera..." or "ye hawa ye raath ye chandani" and other Madan Mohan ghazals. To put across a music, One catchy phrase is needed which acts like a hook line to listen to other songs of the movie.
And if you are thinking only hollywood used words like Kameney as movie name, think again. Just wait for "Inglourious Basterds" starring Brad Pitt releasing this August.Dhan Te Nan........

0 comments:
Post a Comment