Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

A letter to you from a brat ...

My Dear Mother,
Pranam!

It has been long since we chatted .. it has been long since i wrote to you.

We have been free for many years now.... and i know that you have been my mother since time immemorial....

How was it to be tied and ruled? how was the fall from wealth and riches to slavery and poverty?

how was it to be labelled unevolved society when all you did was to show way through spirituality of zero and shoonya..

Ma, do we still treat you well? do you feel otherwise? have we let you down? do you also think that in the crowd of materialism we barter you for our comfort? we are'nt progressing much (compared to our capability)?

Mama, does it hurt now when you are a slave of your own people... treacherous, money laundering , ready to sell you again for their personal gains...

I am sorry about it mother, i am sorry that you have been hurt and and i am sorry that i have been a mute spectator.

But there is a section of your kids who are still in love with you .. we admire you, we love you , we respect you , we dream for you ...

My dear mother, we speak a foreieng language and live a free lifestyle...but it has no bearing on the fact that you remain the sole important point in our psyche...we have seen the world, experienced all cultures and met variety of people ... and with each exposure our love and trust for you has gone manifold... we are not your spoilt brats :)!!

There has been quite a change here... some young people are carrying the promise we made to our ancestors...

to protect you ,

to love you ,

to grow you

In our own little limited manner .. we are trying to take care of you ...

it had been long since i wrote to you ..
hope you find this letter in good spirits
and know that you are loved...and admired beyond words...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY MOTHER...!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I was born a while back. after that, I began to grow up. during this process, I learned to learn, which is not as easy as it sounds. up until very recently, I was. right now I am, and soon I will be. My ME is part of many USs and WEs, not to mention a few OURs. I'm endlessly interested in your YOU, perhaps almost as much as you should be. I am learning to be very good to my Self. I highly suggest trying it some time. it's very liberating. Complexly simple, anxiously resilient; effortless to predict- tough to decipher, hard to know- easy to understand. That’s me!